One of the Older American Act's (OAA) foundational principles is that the programs and services created to help support consumers in their homes and communities are customized to meet their individual needs. There’s nothing one-size-fits-all about AAAs or the services they offer their clients! SeniorAge offers a variety of resources that help guide seniors and caregivers through the many stages of the aging process.
The roles of an Area Agency on Aging set forth by the OAA include:
- Assess community needs and develop and fund programs that respond to those needs;
- Educate and provide direct assistance to consumers about available community resources for long-term services and supports;
- Serve as portals to care by assessing multiple service needs, determining eligibility, authorizing or purchasing services and monitoring the appropriateness and costeffectiveness of services;
- And demonstrate responsible fiscal stewardship by maximizing use of public and private funding to serve as many consumers as possible.
The average AAA offers more than a dozen additional services. The most common non-core services offered by AAAs are:
- Assessment for long-term care service eligibility Information and referral/assistance/outreach
- Fiscal intermediary for self-directed services
- Options counseling
- Care transitions services
Additionally, SeniorAge offeres a host of other educational programs that are beneficial for healthy, independent living including, wellness classes, driving classes, Medicare enrollment, tax counseling, and access to insurance options as mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
Medicare is the federal health insurance program of people age 65 and older, people under age 65 with certain disabilities, and people of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease or ALS. If you receive Social Security Benefits or Railroad Retirement, yo…
Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act was designed to increase health insurance quality and affordability, lower the uninsured rate by expanding insurance coverage and reduce the costs of healthcare.
The idea of “healthy aging” and "fearless aging" is not a new concept. Over the past several years, it has been growing in popularity enormously. With more baby boomers hitting retirement age every day, and average life expectancy also on the rise, o…
AARP Driving Classes
Cars have changed. So have traffic rules, driving conditions, and the roads you travel every day. As people get older, their driving patterns change. Therefore, driving habits and techniques must change as well.
Group Presentations & Education
SeniorAge is happy to present to your group or business. To book a presentation for your group, please call 417-868-9523.
'Santa’s Little Helper' Christmas Program
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a senior? If so, we want you to become one of our 2017 Santa’s Little Helpers. Last year, SeniorAge paired over 150 seniors with individual like you who have a passion and spirit for making the holiday…